SMITH-MADE, LLC Product Warranty, Terms and Conditions
- This warranty is non-transferable and is exclusive to the original purchaser of the Smith/Made product.
- All Smith-Made products must be installed within 15 days of receiving the product purchased or the warranty will be voided.
- All Smith-Made products must be opened and inspected within 7 days of receiving the product purchased or the warranty will be voided.
- Storage fees of $250 a week will be applied 14 days after notification of project completion.
Please review the complete warranty below for more details.
It is the responsibility of the installer and/or property owner to inspect the product immediately upon delivery and prior to installation. Upon delivery if a defect is discovered, please contact Smith-Made immediately to arrange for repairs or replacement of product. Any repairs and replacement services provided by Smith-Made are at the sole good-faith discretion of Smith-Made on an order by order basis.
Smith-Made accepts no responsibility for costs of products or labor when products with perceived defects have been installed nonetheless.
Damage caused by natural or man-made disasters- including, but not limited to leaking or broken plumbing, standing water, fire, excessive rainfall, hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding or other natural disasters-are not covered by the terms in this warranty.
Failure to properly maintain your field floor, decorative inlays or parquet will void all warranties.
For maintenance recommendations, contact the National Wood Flooring Association (website www.nwfa.org, PH 1800-422-4566) or National Oak Flooring Manufacturers ’Association (website www.nofma.org, PH: 1901-526-5016).
The following warranty shall be supplied by Smith-Made:
- Smith-Made warrants its decorative inlay, parquet and table tops to be free from manufacturing defects in lamination, milling, and assembly. We warrant these products, to the original purchaser, for a period of one (1) year after date of purchase.
- For a period of 1 year after date of purchase, and one (1) time only, Smith-Made will (at its discretion) repair or replace any Smith-Made inlay, parquet or table top for any visible de-lamination between the product wear layer and substrate, if applicable, due to glue bond failure. If the Smith-Made product is installed using a non-recommended adhesive, warranty is voided. Further, failing to allow any product to acclimate properly to its surrounding environment will also void this warranty. Further, product installation in certain climates and environments can also have a material effect on the product and the final installation. If the buyer is concerned they should consult with the Smith-Made team before installing. Our products are not intended for exterior use under any circumstances.
Additional Considerations of our product for Installation over concrete slab:
Smith-Made flooring products can be successfully installed over a slab that is on-grade or above-grade. Below-grade and exterior installations are not recommended.
Prior to installation, the slab must be tested for dryness, have a vapor barrier installed, and be sound and flat.
Completion of the provided Smith-Made “Pre installation” checklist is required for the warranty to be applicable. Failure to complete the checklist or meet the requirements outlined on the checklist will void warranty. That form can be found at the following link: Installation Check List.
There are no implied warranties, including merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, extending beyond the terms of this warranty, and except as set forth herein, there are no other warranties by Smith-Made.
Except for the specific remedies set forth herein, Smith-Made shall have no liability for any damages, incidental or consequential, resulting from the purchase, installation, or use of the Smith-Made product. The terms of and remedies available under this limited warranty can only be modified or extended if expressly authorized, in writing, by Smith-Made management. The buyer by purchasing our products has expressly agreed to these terms and conditions.
Warranty Exclusions and Limitations
It is critical that all installations are done in compliance with the procedures outlined in the Smith-Made installation manuals. Failure to install in accordance with these instructions will void all warranties.
Detailed instructions are included in all boxes of Smith-Made Products. All products must be installed within fifteen (15) days of product purchase or warranty will be voided.
Smith-Made uses a wide variety of fine wood products. Because of the nature of wood, our products will implicitly vary in color, texture and graining. The following natural characteristics are not to be construed as defects: mineral streaks, small knots, grain and color variations, sap pockets, flecking, fissures, texture, pitting or other natural material distinctions.
Additionally, actual product appearance may vary from product images shown in brochures, online galleries or other printed materials or websites.
These variations in parquet and decorative inlay are natural occurrences due to species and age of wood or stone, plus exposure to UV lighting. Such variations contribute to the natural beauty and character of these materials.
We cannot warrant against natural variations, nor the differences between color, grain and appearance of product samples, surrounding field floor, millwork, other wood products, and the color, grain and appearance of Smith-Made products. Furthermore, this warranty does not cover color changes to any products that are the result of UV light and/or the natural aging process of the wood or metal.
Temperature and Humidity factors
SmithMade manufactures natural products that will expand and contract during heating and non-heating seasons, causing changes in joinery or the inlay products. These changes in joinery are not considered defects. To minimize these changes as much as possible, it is vital that reasonable humidity conditions, 35 to 45 percent humidity at 60 to 75°F (15.5 to 23.8°C), are maintained consistently at all times. It is also important to allow time for proper acclimation of the product to the property climate conditions prior to installation. No warranty coverage is provided for product that experiences glue bond failure, cupping, buckling, gapping or cracking due to inadequate, excessive or widely fluctuating humidity levels.
* Repair or replacement is limited to Smith-Made product only.
We want you to be completely happy with your order. If for any reason your product is damaged. Please contact Smith-Made for authorization prior to shipping.
- Prefinished items are not refundable.
- Once your return is received and inspected by our shipping department and at our discretion you product fits our warranty criteria, your damage product will be replaced.
- Custom orders, parquet, herringbone and plank are not returnable except in cases of manufacturing defects.
- Items that incur damage, warping due to improper storage conditions on buyers’ premises are not returnable and are not covered by this warranty.
- The product must be shipped back in original Smith-Made shipping container.